My server suffered a major hard drive failure a few years ago, and I didn't have any backups.
I've just now used the Internet Archive to partially recover a whole bunch of blog posts from 1999–2001. There's lots of embarassing or otherwise amusing stuff in there.
- Here's very first post, in April 1999.
- In college we used to go to
First Wok for
horribleChinese food just about every week
- Pulling all-nighters in the imaging lab
- Colin's operating system, the COS
- catching a lunar eclipse from the roof of our dorm
- worrying about motivation
- my first summer in San Diego
- ridiculously fun school breaks
- buying this keyboard
- moving to San Diego, visiting Colin on the way
I have a collection of old IDE drives which probably have much more on them; hopefully I'll get around to going through them this summer. Matt Cutts's hard drive recovery effort is inspiring.